BRAND NEW - Inspection & Testing Online Refresher Course
We have launched our brand new Inspection & Testing Online Refresher Course this month and we are very excited to be able to offer a FREE TRIAL and try before you buy the full course. This is an Online eLearning course designed to aid the following categories of learners:
- Students who are currently completing electro-technical qualifications to support their learning
- Students who are preparing for their AM2 assessment.
- Corporate CPD for standardisation.
- Existing electricians who want to refresh their testing knowledge.
- Existing electricians who are about to undertake a CPS (competent person scheme) assessment i.e. with the NICEIC
- Students who are preparing for the C&G 2391-52 course and who would like to refresh their knowledge of electrical testing.
What Does this eLearning Course cover?
This eLearning course is designed to refresh existing knowledge as well as the initial electrical testing procedures for electrical installations. This eLearning covers electrical testing procedures as well as the theory of single-phase (SP) and three-phase (TP) installations.
The eLearning course comprises 10 individual units including:
- Continuity of circuit protective conductors (including main and supplementary bonding) (SP/TP)
- Continuity of ring final circuit conductors (SP)
- Insulation resistance (SP/TP)
- Earth electrode resistance (including theory on test method E1, E2, E3 and practical demonstration on test method E1 – Fall of potential method.)
- Polarity and phase sequencing (SP/TP)
- Earth fault loop impedance (Ze and Zs at DB) (SP/TP)
- Prospective fault current
- Earth fault loop impedance (Zs)
- Residual current device (RCD)
- Knowledge checks (2 x 50 questions online quizzes)
How is it structured?
Each eLearning unit is individually packaged and can be accessed on most internet-enabled devices (laptop/desktop, tablet, smartphone). The units are based on open navigation, this means you can go straight to the part you need without having to fully re-do the unit every time you log back in. Simply pick up from where you left off!
This bespoke eLearning course has a good mixture of video demonstrations presented by our very own electrical tutor Andy, as well as infographics and narrations. Simply put - it’s like having a tutor guiding you through each section wherever you are! Each unit also provides a short knowledge check at the end to make sure you are confident to progress to the next unit.
This is what you can expect after you purchase this course
• Video introduction with our very own electrical tutor Andy
• Comprehensive theory units covering the procedure such as showing you how to set your meter, what the test is for and what you should be looking for.
• Video demonstrations showing you the entire procedure for single and three-phase installations (where applicable)
• Recording and verifying your results.
• Scientific principles, to help you to better understand the electrical test.
• Knowledge check with around 10 questions for each unit plus feedback at the end
Once you have completed all units there are 2 x 50 question quizzes, with feedback at the end to really test your understanding. That’s around 190 questions, with feedback, in the whole package!
Ready to order?
Simply visit the Inspection & Testing Online Refresher course page to purchase and get access to the full eLearning course. Don't forget - we are offering a FREE TRIAL of this eLearning module also available on the course page. For more information about this or any other electrical course we offer, please call our team on 0800 8564448.