C&G 2396 Electrical Design Course
Why take the C&G 2396 Electrical Design Course?
This 2396 course will provide you with the knowledge to design and erect an electrical installation, taking account of environmental influences, routing and suitability for purpose. This is a brand new level 4 qualification.
The City & Guilds 2396 Electrical Design course is theory based and is intended for electrical contractors who are responsible for the quality of the design, specification, installation, inspection and testing processes. It covers the implications of the wiring regulations for electrical installations.
Full Course Title: Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations.
This course is currently delivered via virtual classroom. You will attend a live session for 5 days delivered by one of our experienced tutors and can then take your evening exam once our centres re-open. Find out more about Virtual Classroom Here.
Course Snapshot: One of the most advanced electrical course available for experienced electricians. Highly regarded in industry. Course includes teaching, project support and nationally set exam.
Why take this 2396 Electrical Design course?
If you are looking to develop your skills and keep up to date with requirements this course is for you. This 5 day course will provide you with all the necessary information and knowledge to design and erect an electrical installation, with the focus being on cable sizing and management, taking account of environmental influences, routing and suitability for purpose.
This is the most up to date and advanced electrical design course available. This Level 4 2396 qualification will replace the 2391-20 course which is currently being phased out. The 2396 course is intended for experienced personnel working in the electrical industry.
2396 Course Entry Requirements
Candidates should be experienced in electrical installation and ideally hold one of the following inspection & testing qualifications:
- City & Guilds 2391-10 Inspection & Testing Course (Discontinued) or
- City & Guilds 2394 Initial Verification & Certification Course or
- City & Guilds 2395 Period Inspection & Testing Course
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Course
It is also strongly recommended that candidates have achieved the City & Guilds 2382 or similar qualifications which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the 18th Edition.
If you are unsure of your suitability please contact a course advisor on 01293 529777.
This course has an age restriction of 18 years and older.
City & Guilds 2396 Course Content
The course is theory based and consists of classroom based teaching run 5 days in a row. Following the course you will work on a set assignment which you will review with your assessor after you course. The 2396 course teaches you the invaluable skills to design and scope electrical installations. Course content includes:
- Statutory and non-statutory requirements relating to electrical installation design, construction management and verification
- The electrical installation design, construction and commissioning process
- BS 7671 requirements relating to electrical installation design
- Design and verification procedures for single and poly phase electrical installations
- Fundamental principles for the design and installation of associated protective systems relating to electrical installations
- Factors that affect choice of alternative energy sources and environmental technologies used within electrical installation design
You will need to prove competence in these subjects via a set assignment and a written exam.
Dates & Timings
This course lasts 5 days, however please note there is also a written exam and a project that you must complete too. Please make sure you are available for all the dates below before you book this course. Please speak to an advisor if you are unsure; 01293 529777.
Next national exam date is 01/12/2022.
Candidates must complete a one assignment estimated to be around 40 hours of work and one written exam which must be taken at a time set by City & Guilds. Dates are listed above.
You will need to register by a set date in order to be booked in for your exam. For example you must book by the 30th April in order to sit the exam on in June. This is a nationally set registration date from City & Guilds which can not be moved. See dates below (in next tab).
Please note that you must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this course.
We stock some books in our main centres, however we can not guarantee stock availability unless you call us in advance to purchase the books. To buy books please call 01293 529777. You will need the following books for this course:
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing, 9th Edition- ISBN 978-1839532368
- BS 7671:2022 Requirements for Electrical Installations, IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (Brown) - ISBN 978-1839532184
- IET On-Site Guide (BS7671:2022, 8th Edition) - ISBN 978-1839532276
- Guidance Note 1: Selection & Erection, 8th Edition - ISBN 9781785614453
- Electrical Installation Design Guide: Calculations for Electricians and Designers, 4th Edition - ISBN 9781785614712
As well as the having multiple large sites, we also have a number of sites dedicated to delivering the 18th edition wiring regulations & PAT Testing courses.View all locations
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
Our Mitre Court and Explorer 2 Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airy environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details